Monday, September 3, 2012

Southern Chic

 I had wanted a Gingham print shirt for about a year before I actually got one. I had seen one in the J crew outlet and I patiently waited for it to be on sale. So a year later the same gingham shirt in the Jcrew outlet was still more than I wanted to pay for any shirt. It was only like $36, but still that is way more than I want to pay for any shirt. Every time I go in there I would look at it and all the other button up shirts around it would be 15% off but not that one! So when I walked into the Bass outlet last September and they had one on sale with an additional 20% off I finally bought my gingham shirt.



 I wore an outfit to work this week that I have seen in many different variations on Pinterest.  I paired my gingham shirt with a black bubble skirt I scored at Wal-Mart of all places years ago. I only paid $5 for it and no I am not ashamed of shopping the clearance racks at Wal-Mart, just sayin!
Gingham shirt-Bass Outlet $17
Bubble Skirt-Wal-Mart $5
Shoes-Goodwill $6
 
I got so many compliments at work on my outfit. It really makes a girls day, ya know?! One co-worker said I looked very "Southern Chic",  I like that term! I did feel like I could go watch a SEC football game and look every bit of a southern bell. Only thing is my team colors are Red & Black so this outfit won't work for my team!!
GO Dawgs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment