Monday, December 31, 2012

Old and New


This post is about all things old, new & new to me things! I have a lot of clothing items that are old, meaning I've had them for more than 4 years give to take, not like high school old. If you still have some of the clothes you wore in high school ( you know who you are) get rid of them!! Nothing good can come of keeping it!

I love buying timeless pieces that can carry over into multiple seasons & last year after year. You can even make some trendy pieces last many years if you buy the right ones. I bought a pair of black skinny jeans about 6 years ago at Ross on clearance for $9. I still wear them all the time & they haven't gone out of style.

So this outfit I choose to wear out to lunch with my parents in hopes it old pull me out of my sick funk was a perfect mix of new & old.

Green cardigan -OLD-the clothing swap last year
Feather long sleeve shirt-NEW to me-Goodwill
Dark Skinny Jeans-NEW to me-Goodwill
Booties-OLD-Macy's clearance 2 years ago
Coach cross body bag-NEW Christmas present from my sweet hubby along with a matching IPad case & wallet he picked out all by himself!

FYI if a cute outfit, curled hair & lunch with some of your favorite people doesn't make all your cruddy sickness go away you might need to go to the doctor, bleh! Not how I wanted to spend my New Year's Eve but what is a girl to do?! So for now Thrift on thriftygrls!!
P.s. if you have a super cute outfit you found at a thrift store please email me I would love to have a guest blogger post about their cute thrifty finds!








No comments:

Post a Comment