Monday, February 6, 2012

Comparisonitis

So one of the biggest challenges of the Thriftygirlchallenge for my sisters and I is, staying away from the emails all the sale emails we receive. About a gazillion times a week you receive these sale & clearance and addition % off sale items. I had to go through and block all of my favorite stores' emails. However I happened upon this awesome website http://www.learnvest.com/. It has all kinds of great helpful advice for the frugal minded!!

One article I read recently,  really brought things into perspective for me. The article says "trying to keep up with the Joneses can not only make you feel lousy about yourself, but also inspire bad spending decisions. We call this phenomenon “money comparisonitis.”  WOW ain't that the truth!!! How many times have I done that? I think as women we constantly "compare" ourselves with other women. So much so that it not only affects us but our spending habits too!!!
 The rest of the article is very refreshing you should have a read if you get a minute http://www.learnvest.com/2012/01/how-to-cure-your-money-comparisonitis/.

As a woman/mom/daughter/sister & friend I want to give credit where credit is do!! If I see another lady who looks nice I like to tell them. If I like their new diamond ring or new furniture then I am going to be happy for them and with them. If  my coworkers or friends are looking super hot & pretty I'm going to tell them not envy them to the point of being negative towards them.

I've decided to do my own version of "Comparisonitis". Since I've become addicted to Pinterest, link here: http://pinterest.com/, I have found some many wonderful ideas about everything!!! I use it all the time as a resource & reference. It has absolutely been a GREAT tool in helping me with the "Thriftygirlchallenge". So I have found some amazing outfits that I could recreate with my own items I already have. So here you go:


This girl's style is amazing!!! I love her outfits she puts together. So here is my version , which is kind of a mix of those 2 outfits!


Next outfit is a recreation of the Always classic Reese


here is my version:

So you see we can all be some fabulous looking women if we inspire & encourage one another!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment