Wednesday, January 18, 2012

2012




Denim shirt-Walmart clearance (2 yrs ago) high waist jeans-Old navy clearance (Black Friday)
 clogs-too old to remember where they are from
( pictures done by my wonderful and sometimes cooperative to my crazy ideas ie:please be my photographer on this busy street near this cool building husband). However he wouldn't stop snapping( see the picture of me grabbing the camera?!!)  


As we approached this new year I had an uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach. My "want list" was growing with anticipation of the "blow money"( or mad money) the hubs & I get each month. I wondered when I would feel like all the items I buy will be enough? When will I no longer have that need to buy more & more? I became disappointed in the person I was becoming. I mean 2011 saw some tough financial times for us and I learned ALOT of good money lessons! How could I so quickly forget what I had worked so hard to learn?

I really started thinking about resolutions. I didn't want to just do the normal ones I usually make. You know the eat healthy, get in shape or read my bible more. As a woman who loves herself I should already eat healthy and work out. As a Christian who loves God I should already be striving daily to read my bible more. I wanted this year's resolution to be life changing. When my sister first talked about the "Thriftygirlchallenge" I knew it could be life changing, but I think I underestimated how much of a life change it could be.

Since I started the "Thriftygirlchallenge" I already have a new confidence. I had confidence before but this is different. It's like a confidence that I can know I am already on my way to becoming a better version of myself. My eyes are opened in a totally new way. It is amazing when you release yourself from the bondage of buying materialistic things how you really start to appreciate things. You start to appreciate what you have already been blessed with instead of feeling like it's not enough. This appears to be happening in all aspects of my life not just with my clothes!!!!

SO my new quote is" Challenge yourself to do something great! Don't just settle for the normal and ordinary! You never know how "the something great" is going to change you!"
What are your new years resolutions? Are you being successful at those resolutions? I would love to hear what they are and we could motivate each other!!

2 comments:

  1. Big shout out to Miley Cyrus for making the best shirt ever. I wear mine at least 3 times a week. Hey ohhhhhh! This outfit is lovely on you. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look perfect!!
    Love the denim shirt! :)

    ReplyDelete