Thursday, January 12, 2012

Clothes Swap

A Clothes Swap



Before my "Thriftygirlchallenge" I had planned a Clothes Swap with some of my friends. Clothes Swaps are a great way to get some new clothes for free!!The coolest thing is being able to get something and style it in a whole new way than the original owner ever thought of. So everyone brings clothes they no longer want and you swap them for each other clothes!!!

 So us girls got together and we had a good time making dinner. To me there is not much better that is good to the soul, than standing around a kitchen with the girls cooking and talking. You know when you get together with your girls it's always a good time when you can eat & gab!  After we ate it was time to start swapping!! We had everything laid out all over Becca's living room. Everyone gets clothes pins with their names on them and you pin them on the items you want. Now there will probably be some double pinning of items. In that case you can arm wrestle pick a number or any other method to decide who gets the item. Once we started trying stuff on we let the item go to the person it looked the best on!

I really lucked out and got many new favorite things! I wanted to show you some of my goodies and some ways I was able to put some outfits together with what I already had!!



 
I got the Blue Gap Cardigan and the Target Black Rosette Tank from the clothing swap. I added a pencil skirt, black tights and black booties for a winter work look. Then I paired the cardi & tank combo with some white shorts for spring & summer!! 
 Cardi- Clothes Swap
Rosette Tank- Clothes Swap
O Gray skirt- Old Navy(5 years ago)
black tights-Ross (1 year ago)
 Black booties-Payless( 4 years ago)
White shorts-Old Navy( 2 years ago)
Total cost of 2 new outfits =$0

My next favorite was an Ann Taylor Loft Green Boyfriend Cardigan. When I saw this cardigan I knew instantly it would look great over my leopard print shirt & some jeggings!! Cardigans are so versatile!
I added a gold belt & some gold buckle flats to give it a more polished look. You could wear it on casual Friday or to a kid's school function.
 Here I just added some very comfy tan suede moccasins for a laid back weekend look!
 Green Cardigan-Clothes Swap   Leopard Print  tee- Goodwill(back in the fall)
 Jeggings-Bealls Outlet (last year)  Gold belt- Charlotte Russe( last summer)
      gold buckle flats-Target ( 4 years ) Tan Suede Moccasins-gift
                                                         Total cost of 2 new outfits =$0

 This Dress is a Sleeveless Merona by Target dress. It has amazing detail at the top. I paired it with a my cardigan and some boots for the winter. I can't wait to wear it in the Spring & Summer with some bare shoulders and some sandals!!!
 Dress-Clothes Swap
 Cardigan-Charlotte Russe( Christmas time)
 Boots-Bass Outlet( 3 years ago)
Total Cost of a new outfit -$0

So I lucked out this week and got countless new items to add to my wardrobe for free!!! Please excuse my lack of photography skills. I am trying to work on that :) I will post some pictures of my friends and their goodies they got too!! No one left empty handed and we were pretty happy with what we took home.
Have you ever been to a Clothing Swap? If so I would love to hear about your goodies you got! If you want to know how to get one started in your town I would love to answer any questions and help you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment