Sunday, January 8, 2012

Thrifty Girl Challenge

The Thrifty Girl Challenge was born from a New Year's Resolution my baby sister came up with. She stated that she wasn't going to buy any new clothes, accessories or shoes for the YEAR!! She was only going to shop at Thrift stores for her outfits. She wanted to save money and see how creative she could be with her outfits. So me being the competitive girl I am( I love a good competition), plus my lack of a good New Year's Resolution, I decided to take the challenge too. Then in all of our hype our older sister decided she would join us too. The funny thing is we are all in different states so our experiences are going to be COMPLETELY different!!! We have already started our thrifty shopping and have found some really good buys!!!!

Here are the rules:
1. you can not buy  New clothing, accessories or shoes , you can only buy pre-worn from thrift stores, consignment stores or eBay pre-worn.
2. undergarments & make up are allowed to be bought new( I think that goes with out saying)
3. under tanks & socks can be bought new
4. you can accept & spend gift cards to clothing stores for special occasions( birthdays, mother's day, valentine's day, anniversary, ground hog day, president's day ,ect)



This blog will be about our finds as well as our savings from all of our good finds. I would like to share what I am able to do with my money I am saving!! I have never blogged before so this will all be quite the learning experience for me!




6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great idea! I can't wait to read all about it & see how it goes...sounds so cool! You're invited to follow my vintage/thrifty blog too, if you're interested!
    Keep blogging & I'll keep reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome sisterly challenge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm liking your style so far..I'll be sure to keep an eye out. Good luck!!!

    -kim
    found the route

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! Good luck girl ;)

    xx
    julie
    http://lovecardelia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete